- Cine style with lever lock locking lenses like PL locking system securely and firmly
- Cordless no need extra modules or blocks, cord
- Electronic designed to support electronic lenses in the future
- Rugged and simple made of steel, aluminium alloy, plastic, pogo pins
Kinefinity E adapter
Kinefinity brings the new SONY E mounting adapter to TERRA camera. TERRA will be the first cinema camera with E mount, such short flange focal distance, except SONY camera. The E mounting adapter by Kinefinity features a breech-lock rotating counter-clockwise to lock, like Kine EF mounting adapter. The cine locking way fits video/cinematography system naturally.
It starts a new world with affordable high-end quality: more and more cine lens manufacturers are delivering affordable E-mount lenses with very high quality, like Fujifilm MK18-55, MK50-135 and more 3rd party Cine lenses.
Since E mount lenses and the mount itself are very compact natively, the system is in the right trend of lightweight/small world: drones, rigs, gimbals and stabilizers.
Attention: it does not support lenses which need protocol from camera, like SONY G series lenses, though the current E mounting adapter has electronic contacts. There would be trade-in plan with new adapters if new adapters support these electronic lenses in the future.
The SONY E mount as a brand new mount was launched with NEX mirrorless cameras in 2010. It is very compact mount with very short flange focal length as 18mm, so the E mount lenses can only be used on the camera with such short mount, and can not be used on other camera mount with some kind of adapter.
More and more lens manufacturers have been shipping lenses specific for E mount. Actually, Venice as Flagship cinema camera from SONY has a native E mount.
Notice: The third-party adapter may not work on SONY E mounting adapter to turn E mount to EF or PL mount; some modified E lenses also may not be used on the E mounting adapter of TERRA.
Design and production of such lens mount with short FFD as mounting adapter into KineMOUNT is a really challenging task: quick swap mounting adapters without tools, lever locking mechanism. It has following features like other Kine mounting adapters:
- Cine-style with lever lock: locking lenses like PL locking system securely and firmly;
- Cordless: no need extra modules or blocks, cord;
- Electronic: designed to support electronic lenses in the future;
- Ruggedized and simple: made of steel, aluminum alloy, plastic, pogo pins.
- 1 x Kinefinity E adapter